Maxi Skirts for different occasions
15. About the fabrics, very heavy fabrics are difficult to manage. Longer skirts below the knee look more graceful with a little movement, maybe a little flair towards the hem. A chiffon skirt with an opaque underlining looks new.
16. Solid colored fabrics, textures or subtle prints may be easier to start with than vivid patterns. For simple, elegant look, opt for a blouse that has the same color tones with the skirt, and avoid very large prints for the entire outfit, both for skirt and blouse.
17. Long skirts are suitable both for day-to-day wearing if paired with the most basic and neutral pieces, and for night outfit if matched with more sophisticated and elegant accessories and blouses. Designs with slit or pleats are also great for adding much of glamor, chicness, and femininity.
18. If you’re going somewhere breezy or going to welcome the perfect summer, try a long loose but body skimming skirt. Cotton skirt in a fresh cotton print can be the perfect choices.
19. In winter, if you wear coat, opt for a shorter coat instead of the longer one. Short layers leave a slimmer silhouette. But, of course, you may choose long coat if you think the item looks good with your skirt.
20. Another tip on how to use long skirt is betting on belts and long necklaces to complement the look. For a rock chick and more warming look, dress it up by pairing a leather jacket or a crop jacket, as well you may top it off by wearing a hat. Vests and cardigans are also welcome, especially those with fringes, beads, or spikes that are super high now.
Finally, follow article “Maxi Skirt Fashion Trend Street Style” to see more about maxi skirt style inspirations taken from various street fashion looks, and see images in the gallery for other fashion inspirations of Long Skirt